Re-Calc

Hi,

Here's the situation:
We run a series of projects where we ask people to answer 100 questions in a standard questionnaire.
The projects contains between 5 and 25 participants.
The standard questionnaire are devided into 6 secions and must be answered with a number between 1 and 7.
Each project will be will end with me making a final report for that specific project. The data will also be used in a collective report for all projects.

I have prepared a project spreadsheet with multiple sub-sheets to accept data input from the specific project participants.
Each sub-sheet contains the liniear descriptive statistic and a box-graph for one question.

Here's my problem:
Most times I will not receive the questionnaires from all participants at one time - usually one or two will arrive much later (1-3 months).
I need to write a provisional report based on the questionnaires I have received - and then later write the final report when all data are in.
Also I will concurrently update the 'over-all' report that contains data from all participants across the different projects.

As I see it, I cannot simply add new data in the input-range and expect all statistical representations in the sub-sheets are re-calculated and the graphs updatet. It looks like I need to re-do each and every 'out-put' statistics in the sub-sheets.
I can't find an 'update' or 're-calc' buttom which would be extremely helpfull in this case.

Or am I missing something?

Comments

• Hi

No you are not missing anything. statistiXL currently only works by outputting a static set of results for a given set of data. We are currently looking at adding formulae to statistiXL to allow some automatic recalculations. These will need to be used with caution though, especially for number crunching intensive routines as repeated reprocessing of large datasets could grind Excel to a halt.

Cheers

Alan
  • QUOTE (Alan Roberts @ 28 Apr 2006, 09:35)
    Hi

No you are not missing anything. statistiXL currently only works by outputting a static set of results for a given set of data. We are currently looking at adding formulae to statistiXL to allow some automatic recalculations. These will need to be used with caution though, especially for number crunching intensive routines as repeated reprocessing of large datasets could grind Excel to a halt.

Cheers

Alan
    Thanks for your prompt reply.

I will be checking your news section for this update EVERY DAY from now on - as this would seriously make my work a lot easier!

Even if I have to manually select re-calc on every sub-sheet, this would be a lot easier than having to specify input range etc. again.

Cheers
  • It will be a while before we are in a position to go live with this wink.gif

In the mean time, if you are familiar with VBA programming you could automate your analysis that way....

Alan