Office 7 Beta error?

I installed the new beta version of Excel. statistXL no longer appeared as an addin, but I was able to launch from the start menu. However, this lead to an error, so now I cannot start Excel. It appears that statistXL is now loaded each time I start Excel, and produces the same error.

Comments

• Hi

statistiXL is not currently supported under Excel 2007. There are a number of bugs with Excel 2007 that currently prevent statistiXL from running. These have been logged with the Microsoft Beta site and should be resolved before Excel 2007 is released. Most of the issues relate to charting and tests without charts should run fine. Launching statistiXL from the start menu will launch statistiXL but won't add it as an add-in and will not cause statistiXL to start automatically when Excel starts. To add statistiXL as an add-in to Excel 2007 open the Excel Options dialog by clicking on the Excel options button in the file "menu" (i.e. click the Office logo at the top left of Excel). Within the Excel Options dialog you will find the add-ins screen.

Cheers

Alan
  • Any further news on this?

Julian Duncan
  • Not yet sad.gif . I'm hoping to get my hands on an RTM copy to look at before the end of the week.

Cheers

Alan
  • Most of the major bugs in the new Office charting system look to have been cleaned up in the release version of Office 2007 though there are still a few discrepencies (eg the code used by statistiXL for displaying Factor Labels on scatterplots in Factor Analysis no longer works). We will release an update to statistiXL to address these quirks (hopefully in January).

Cheers

Alan
  • Just a quick update, we are close to having a beta available with support for Office 2007 (and Vista). Anyone interested at trying it out please email me with you details (click the email button below).

Cheers

Alan