Which statistical test to use

Hi to all,
I am trying to make some statistics to compare datas. Unfortunately my statistical knowledge is very elementary, so I cannot be able to choose the right statistical test to use.
Is there any guidance on how to choose the right test? What I mean is to have to answer to a series of questions on the type of data that I have and what to do with them, and finally to reach to a suggestion on what test is the right one to use and how to read the results.
This question does not refer to only a statistical test to do but more generally if there is anywhere any guidance on statistics

Thank you in advance for your help.

Comments

• Try having a look at the Data Structure and Analysis section of the statistiXL help file (under introduction). It contains a brief intro to statistics and a very elementary guide to various possible strategies for analysis of data.

Cheers

Alan
  • Thank you for the help. As you note the help is very elementary. Perhaps there should be more discussion on the results of each test.
    I would like to ask if there is any text book to suggest me, or any e-learning sites on statistics.
  • Hi

Try taking a look at the reference list in the statistiXL help file. Zar offeres a very good general introduction to many tests.

Cheers

Alan