Kruskal-Wallis Error message

Have just started using the trial version of this programme. Having trouble running the Kruskall-Wallis, when I try it on my own data (ranked, 3 conditions) unless I have each column with the same number of cases and no blanks, it comes up with "the range you have specified for your data contains non-
numeric or blank cells. Please select a different range".

I played around with the data in the example Kruskal-Wallis and no problem if I changed the data, put in blank spaces or very unequal sample sizes it would still calculate it. However, if I cut and paste my own data into the columns of the example, it won't work. I have checked that the formatting is all the same in example and own data and can't think what else to do. I would really like to get this to work as the non-parametric tests are vital for what I do with data.

Would love some help on this ASAP.

Cheers,

Maisey

Comments

• Hi Maisey

Sorry for the delay in replying, my wife delivered our baby daughter on Monday/Tuesday so things have been a bit up-in-the-air here!

If you can send me the spreadsheet you are having trouble with I will gladly have a look at it. Send it to alan@statistixl.com.

Best Regards

Alan