Does statistixl work in Office 2010?

I've just installed Office 2011 and found that StatistiXL no longer runs, The error message is:

Object library invalid... and the help file indicates that the compilation in this version of VBA is incorrect.

The error message appears as soon as I try to activate Statistixl in the Addins box.

Julian Duncan
9 March 2011

Comments

• edited September 2014
    statistiXL is only supported on the 32 bit version of Excel 2010. Microsoft currently recommend using the 32 bit version of Office 2010 unless you need spreadsheets larger than 2GB in size (the only real advantage of moving to 64bit). The main reason for this recommendation is the lack of add-in support for 64 bit versions.

Kind Regards

Alan
  • I'm having another VBA error using the 32-bit version of Excel 2010. We recently purchased StatistiXL and had been using it for about a week (in addition to the trial period) without any problems. I started receiving error messages on April 20th (it had been about a week since I had last used it).

When I click on the add-on to load StatistiXL, I first get this error:

Header: Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications
    Message: Object library invalid or contains references to object definitions that could not be found.

When I click OK, I then get this error:

Header: Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications
    Message: Compile error in hidden module: MLauncher. This error commonly occurs when code is incompatible with the version, platform, or architecture of this application. Click "Help" for information on how to correct this error.

There have been several automatic updates since I last used the StatistiXL; I'm not sure if one of these could be contributing to the problem.

Do you know how to fix this?

Thanks for your help!
  • Hi

Yes this does appear to be caused by one of the recent updates. The solution seems to be to delete the *.exd files that Excel creates. With Excel closed please try deleting any *.exd files from the "%APPDATA%MicrosoftForms" folder.

On Windows XP this usually expands to
    C:Documents and Settings%USERNAME%Application DataMicrosoftForms

and on Windows Vista/7 to
    C:Users%USERNAME%AppDataRoamingMicrosoftForms

Kind Regards

Alan
  • Great, that worked--thanks!

If anyone else is having the same problem, I was unable to manually find the files through the file directory (the folder wasn't there, even with the hidden folders being shown). If you have this problem, try searching for "*.exd" in the C drive. Some of the search results took me to the folder described in the previous post, and from there I deleted the .exd files.

Thanks again!