heterogeneity tests

The topic of multiple pools versus single pools testing has not come up in more recent employment discrimination disparate impact and pattern and practice treatment cases.

The use of the Chi-Square with or without Yate's correction, either of Cochran's corrections, still produces an estimator of the probability that the differences in passing, promotion, hiring, etc. rate for whites is different from the rate for non-whites (or blacks or Hispanics, etc.).

Years ago, EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) experts stopped using Chi-Square when the Fisher Exact probability became programable for larger sample sizes.

When the probability has been calculated, the EEO field translates the probability back to a two-tailed standard deviation. Since 1977, the United States Supreme Court has accepted standard deviations as the basis for saying that a practice, procedure or test adversely impacts a protected group.

It would be nice as a wish that StatistiXL produce the exact probility rather than the Chi-Square for the heterogeneity test.

Any employment discrimination case in the United States that deals with a class or any pattern and practice employment discrimination case may need to aggregate statistics to obtain an adequate sample to evaluate for potential unintentional employment discrimination.

Federal contractors in the United States, more than 50,000, could also benefit from an easy to run statistical procedure to aggregate hiring and promotional statistics. The statistics should be using exact probabilities then converted to two-tailed standard deviations.

Dick Biddle

Comments

• Hi Dick

We will certainly examine the feasibility of this for a future release.

Regards

Alan
  • Hello Dick

I have added Exact Tests for 2 x 2 Contingency Data to Version 1.3 of statistiXL. I will be uploading this version to our website within the next couple of hours. I hope that this meets your requirement.

Regards

Alan
  • Thanks Alan, this was a great addition.
  • The 1000 case limit has been removed in Version 1.4

Cheers

Alan